The Salvation Army of Summit County
Announces New Advisory Board Members
Akron, OH – 2/9/2017 – The Salvation Army of Summit County announces the addition of ten new members to its Advisory Board. Susan Flowers, chairman, said, “Our Advisory Board is very engaged and we value the thoughtful direction, wisdom and compassion of these community leaders who have chosen to share their time and experience with the Salvation Army. Each has been carefully selected for the skills, knowledge and community awareness they represent. Their support and spheres of influence are invaluable to achieving our mission in Summit County.”
Joining the Advisory Board are:
- Patrick Bravo – Executive Director, Summit County Land Bank and Akron Public Schools Board President
- Charlene DeJournett – Retired Patient Navigator, Center for Urologic Health
- Heather Lorenzon – Sr. Director Corporate and Foundation Relations, The Summa Foundation
- David Plate – Sr. Advisor, Executive in Residence, Cleveland Clinic Akron General
- Mary Raitano – Director of Refugee Resettlement, The International Institute
- Todd Tober – President, Tober Building Company
- Erin Victor – Founder, Akron Snow Angels
- Olivia Wakeling – Freelance Marketing and Development Professional
Robert Kulinski and Susan Pierson, community volunteers, joined the board earlier in 2016. Both Kulinski and Pierson served as non-profit executives in the Akron area.
Some photos are available on request.
The Salvation Army has served the needs of Summit County for 132 years providing basic needs such as food, clothing, shelter and education by investing in the human spirit through counseling, learning programs, recovery/ support programs, and spiritual support for those willing to accept it. With daily hot meals, a choice pantry, emergency shelter for families, hot showers, rent and utility assistance, accredited preschool, after-school and summer enrichment programs, our goal is to instill tangible hope and break the cycle of inter-generational poverty. Our administrative offices are located at 190 South Maple Street with Corps located in Akron and Barberton at 560 Wooster Road West. For more information, to volunteer or make a donation, call Marian Calvin, 330-434-7110 or visit www.salvationarmyakron.org.